Prepare for visit
Patients should plan on their first appointment lasting 60-90 minutes depending on the service(s) to be performed. Most often at your first visit you will:
- Check in at the front desk- you will be asked to show your photo ID and health insurance card and make a co-payment, if needed.
- Fill out and sign any needed paperwork including a health history form. Please make sure you have your list of medications and dosages with you.
- Have your vital signs checked: these include your temperature, pulse, breathing rate, blood pressure, height and weight.
- Meet with the health care team. Besides your doctor, you may also speak with a nurse, medical assistant, and audiologist. Depending on your reason for visit, you may be asked to have a hearing test (audiogram) to assist with doctor with diagnosis and management of your condition. Additional procedures may be offered and discussed with you at the visit if deemed essential in diagnosis and/or management.
- Talk with your doctor to discuss your plan of care and any questions you have.
- Speak with our check-out staff to schedule any needed follow-up visits and/or tests.